Why I LOVE Green Smoothies!
There are countless reasons why incorporating more vegetables, especially leafy greens, in our diets can positively influence our health.
I find the simplest and quickest way to increase my vegetable intake is by blending greens and taking them with me on-the-go.
Here are some of the reasons I aim for one green smoothie a day:
1) Increasing fruit and vegetable consumption (leafy greens in particular) helps prevent heart disease.
2) Green vegetables contain antioxidant and phytochemical compounds that support our immune system.
3) Greater leafy green consumption has been associated with lower rates of Type 2 Diabetes.
4) Spinach can help stabilize blood sugar levels. (SO IMPORTANT)
5) Kale provides greater calcium absorption than milk.
6) Fruit and vegetable consumption decreases the risk of cancers of the stomach, esophagus, lung, oral cavity and pharynx, endometrium, pancreas, and colon.
Try this basic recipe!
2 cups baby spinach
1 avocado, pitted and peeled
1 frozen banana
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
2 cups unsweetened nut milk
2 cups ice
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend to desired consistency!
Kickstart your own healthy habits in my 21-Day Healthy Kickstart Program! Join here: